Monday, January 5, 2009

Some nice looking ladies!


I don't share a lot about my family but I thought you'd enjoy seeing these four beautiful women. They are my mother and her three sisters at our annual "after Christmas get-together with all the Spivey chicks to eat up the leftovers" party. My mother came from a large family of thirteen children (the Spiveys) in the Rehoboth community outside Jackson. There are only five of them still living -- my mother, who is the oldest still living, her three sisters and one brother (he doesn't get invited to this strictly female party). Getting these wonderful women and their daughters, granddaughters, nieces, daughters-in-law, etc. together is a special holiday treat and we look forward to it every year. Just so you'll know -- from left to right, this is Fannye Ashley, Rachel Gassner, Evelyn Hedspeth, and Eloise Smith.

No comments: