Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 -- A Very Good Year for Weddings

2009 has come and gone and I just photographed my first wedding of 2010 so I thought it was a good time to look back through the year in weddings. I've never done this before so it was a treat for me to take a quick look through the files of all the weddings I photographed last year. Weddings can be large or small, elaborate or simple but they all hold wonderful memories for those involved and I always feel privileged that I have been allowed to be a part of such a special day. Once again I photographed weddings all over the place but mainly within about 50 miles of Conway which covers parts of NC and Virginia. It was a year of fire trucks (3 weddings), unique cakes (a possum cake and a Batman cake among others), and probably the smallest wedding I've ever photographed in terms of people involved. In fact, I was called into service not only as photographer but as a witness on the marriage license because I was present and over age 21. I'm often asked (usually by men), "aren't all weddings the same; don't you get tired of doing this?" The answer is emphatically "NO" and "NO" -- with an exclamation point! They are definitely not all the same. I looked back through these photos today and remembered each bride and groom, the excitement and emotion, the special elements that made each day memorable to me and for everyone in attendance. And I definitely don't get tired of doing this. I am a hopeless romantic who gets excited every time the processional music starts and who many times will shed a tear right along with the brides, grooms, moms and dads. It is a blessing to love what you do for a living. It makes striving to be better every time a pleasure and not an obligation. Hope you enjoy the photos. You can see all of these (plus a few more) at a slower pace at http://conwayphotoshop.com/2009.


1 comment:

darlene said...

"2009 Weddings" was awesome. You continue to give that special quality touch, and absolutely beautiful workmanship. The sailor kissing his bride is a true classic. Just when I think you can't get any better - you do!
Conway Photo....always the best that outshines the rest!
Darlene