Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The History Channel

I've often thought that I ought to spotlight some of the tens of thousands of negatives I have in my father's files because they are such a wonderful, rich history of our area. (It may even be millions of fnegatives because I have no way of counting them.) I just know that they go back in organized fashion to 1950 and there are many more that were pre-1950 that are not very organized. I'm going to occasionally pull one out and scan it and share it on my Facebook page under "The History Channel" photo album. I'll show you the one I'm starting with because it's one of my favorite photos. These stylish ladies are the the charter members of the Conway Womans Club taken some time in the mid to late 1950s. I can recognize many of these remarkable women and, of course, I'm especially proud to see my mother and my dear Aunt Pat Hedspeth in the group. Those of you who are Conway folk will enjoy trying to recognize more of them. And keep your eye out on the Conway Photo Shop Facebook page. I'm going to make it my goal to try and add at least one photo per week.

No comments: