Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Growing Up Right Before My Lens



I feel like I've taken photos of so many wonderful families and beautiful children in the past few weeks but I'm petrified about putting them on my blog because I don't want to ruin a Christmas surprise for anyone. So I decided to share a couple of families that I know are "safe" for me to show. I've said before that it's one of the best parts of my job that I get to see treasured clients year after year and watch them grow. I photographed Jody and Vickie Soper's wedding "x" number of years ago (I can't remember how many) and Vickie actually set a goal for herself of having photos taken every year on or around their anniversary. They've missed a couple of years or didn't get them taken right around their anniversary (like the photo at the beach) but they have actually been more successful than most at keeping a record of the growth of their family. I've done their family photos in the studio, at the beach, at their house, at the church they were married in and several other locations. I look forward to hearing Vickie's wonderful Southern accent on the other end of the phone line every year when she calls. I don't know if I'll make it until the girls get married but I'd probably drag myself out of retirement if they called.
I got to know Morgan and Tammy Tackett when they lived in Ahoskie several years ago. They moved to Durham about the time that Spencer Margaret was born but they've given me the privilege of continuing to photograph their growing family. Every year in November they make the trek from Durham to Conway for a family photo and some shots of the children. I can't believe how fast they're growing!

No comments: