Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Watercolors




I love the look and feel of watercolor paper. It just feels so heavy and rich to me with a great texture. In the past few months, we've been doing more and more work that we're having printed on watercolor paper. Of course, I can't begin to show you the texture of the paper in this blog and you may not really appreciate it until you feel it yourself, but I thought I'd share a couple of photos. A really pretty photo this year that was striking on watercolor paper was this beautiful little close-up of Avery Byrum of Ahoskie. And I loved the 3,6,9,12 month composite of Hatch Morris that his mom ordered. It was so pretty when I saw it printed out that I ordered one for the studio so you can see it in person if you stop by.

We're also doing some in-house printing of note cards on watercolor stock. The watercolor cards come in three sizes -- a large note card, a square card, and a small note card. I had a few clients who had me do these for their Christmas cards and they really turned out great! I also personally gave a few sets of the small cards to some of my friends and family as Christmas gifts. I have printed up some of the cards that I have here in the studio with some historic scenes from this area which made great stocking stuffers. I have some of the cards with the famous peanut harvesting photos my father took in 1947. I also have some cards with the original Conway High School in the snow photo that is very special to Conway High alumns.

No comments: