Monday, January 12, 2009

A Golden Couple



I tell everyone that the best part of my job is that I usually get to be involved with people who are celebrating the happy occasions of their lives -- weddings, graduations, new babies, etc. Nothing tops a golden anniversary and I was fortunate to photograph this past Saturday the 50th anniversary of Bunnie and Betty Shotwell of Roanoke Rapids. The happy couple didn't completely know what their children had planned for them only that they needed to be ready and that a party was in store for them. They were driven to their granddaughter's house in a vintage car (sorry I don't know my cars, folks, but someone said they thought it was a '57 model) and the party got rolling. A delicious lunch, two fabulous bluegrass bands, some toasts and a bit of a roast, and lots of family photos. An altogether happy day for this wonderful family. Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Shotwell. All of the anniversary photos will be posted within a couple of days. See them from the "Clients" section of my website -- http://www.conwayphotoshop.com/ -- under the password "shotwell."

No comments: